My favorite painting

Yesterday's class, we studied about artifact.

Actually, I really like to go to art museum and I'm interested in western painting recently.

So, let me tell you my three most favorite painting.



First is about "The Starry Night".



This painting is one of Van Gogh's masterpieces, so many people know it.

It is very vivid and beautiful. Especially blue color is so nice.

However, It was painted a year before Van Gogh's death and based on the view from the room where he was admitted.

Also, European people thought that
cypress means the bridge between heaven and earth.

He may have painted this painting in search of meaning in his own death or salvation.


When I went to the Immersive Museum with my friend, we drank drinks inspired by this painting!





Second is about "A Burial At Ornans" painted by Gustave Courbet.


At that time, painter couldn't paint large of ordinary people because of class discrimination. 
But he painted large picture of ordinary people's burial at Ornans. It was something new.

He was realism and he left famous words that

 "I have never seen an angel. Show me an angel, and I'll paint one."

On the other hand, he painted his self-portraits a little cooler. He is funny!

Courbet's self-portraits




Third, the painting painted by Alfred Guillou.

I love title of this painting. Do you know what is the painting's title?

There is a story of it. The setting is the violent and stormy seas of Brittany.

They are parent and child and father is kissing drowned son on forehead to say good-bye forever.

This is a beautiful, sad, and poignant painting

The painting's title is "Adieu!".




コメント

  1. I like Van Gogh's paintings, too!
    My favorite painting is Portrait of Père Tanguy.

    返信削除
  2. I never think of the painting history before, but now I think painting history is very interesting! And I want to think painting history when I watch the painting.

    返信削除
  3. I think that the painters had an amazing way of showing color. The brightness of the yellow and the darkness of the blue in the first painting are contrasting and very beautiful.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Hello from me

[Unit Project 1] Story of My Treature